The great Vegetarian Chili-off number 1

So, after finding the bunch of chili recipes I blogged about yesterday I 'stumbled' on a site called Veggie meal plans. After searching for chili it came back with a Red Bean and lager chili and a Red Bean and coffee chili. Both sounded really interesting and unusual.

So today I went out and bought the ingredients for the Red Bean and lager chili and the Vegetarian chili with quorn. As the Veggie had expressed a preference for the lager chili I decided to make that today.

I was hoping to make it using the mexican lager Sol as I felt that would most suit it. However, my mum was picking up the lager for me as she was getting a cab home, which meant I had Skol instead. Bless her, she didn't know that it is probably one of the cheapest and nastiest lagers around. Anyway, as the alcohol would be burnt off I hoped it wouldn't effect the flavour that much.

Well... it wasn't a disaster and will probably taste better tomorrow, but it was definitely not the best chili ever either. Comments back were that it was too watery. Personally I didn't think it was very flavoursome or hot enough. I did follow the recipe to a t. Maybe the lager I used did make a difference... anyway, I will have it for lunch tomorrow and see if it is any better.

Comments

Popular Posts